Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 16, 2013

Don't let fear dampen your passions


So you want to lose weight, but for some reason you don't ever get the ball rolling, but deep down inside you KNOW you want a change, so why still no changes? 

Well let me ask you a question, have you ever just asked yourself and really thought "What is it that's holding me back? Why can't I take this jump?" Well I've been in your shoes, and last year I had to have a real heart to heart with myself and figured out what the issue was and why I kept making excuses for myself.You have to dig deep and do some soul searching, in this world things are loud and it's busy, we never take time for ourselves and our needs.

Now I don't know your situation or what could possibly holding you back, but I know what it was for me, and chances are it's not far off from what's holding you back as well. For me it was fear of failing, because I've tried and failed so many other times before. Fear unfortunately affects most of us, the fear of rejection and failure held me back for so long, not only on my weight loss, but with my dreams and aspirations; however my weight issues did tie into me not pursuing these dreams and aspirations, as I felt as though I wouldn't be accepted for the way I looked. 

Well when I finally decided to have this heart to heart with myself and I did ask myself those questions I did discover it was fear of failing and fear of rejection, I even went so far as to not tell people about trying to lose weight because I didn't want them to see me fail yet again. But this time when I really took time to think about it I told myself "That's garbage Angelique! What's the worst that can happen?" Nothing, the best that could happen is I end up healthier and happier, and that has been the exact outcome. I know for me, putting myself out there also helps keep me accountable and motivated, when I know others are watching me and looking to me for motivation I can't do anything but succeed! 




So ask yourself, what's the worst that can happen??? Or better yet, what's the best thing that can happen if you take this jump into a healthier lifestyle. If you're reaching out and you're asking for help, you've taken the first step into proving to yourself that you want it! So go get it! The only thing holding you back is yourself, so I've said it before, time to take back control! You've given control to your fears and all that's going to do is hold you back from the things you really want in life, not only in terms of health and fitness. Take back the control before you come to the point where you wish you had. I started to think into the future and I didn't want to live with "what ifs" and "I wish I had" So is today the day you take back control? I believe in you, time to believe in yourself. Train and stay strong friends. 



-AJ-ility Fitness

"Always follow your heart, never give up on your dreams, and always fuel your passion" - AJ-ility Fitness



www.facebook.com/AJilityfitness 

www.instagram.com/ajilityfitness

www.twitter.com/ajilityfitness





2 comments: