Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween

It's been a while since I've written something, but I felt it appropriate to write so close to Halloween as I've never really worn costumes due to my weight in the past. 

So to start several weeks ago I had my body fat testing done, almost a year to the date! And I'm happy to say I went from 49%, yes 49% to 23%!!!! So I went from being overly obese to being considered a healthy/fit body fat. 



The proof is in the pudding, when it comes to how important not only eating right is, but weight training. Whatever your heart desires, it's possible with belief! So not only did I lose that much body fat, but I also went from a size 20 to a size 6, not that size should ever be the goal, but it's something worth being excited about. Being healthy overall should always be the main reason you are working out and eating right. Creating a healthy lifestyle for yourself and your family. 


So back to Halloween. In all my years of being overweight I never was excited to dress up, because one costumes never fit me, and two I just didn't feel comfortable enough to wear them. So this year I decided to find something flattering for my new body, I'm excited to be able to show what all my hard work has done for me. I wore two, one for nights "out" at bar/club scene and then one for work (day job and DJ'ing) 




Halloween wasn't my only motivation, another thing I've always wanted to do was model! Since I was a little girl, but again I didn't think I could ever model with my weight and height. I am fortunate to be surrounded by so many people that believe in me and pushed me to pursue these dreams. I'll repeat myself from time to time, because I feel it's important to hear things over and over sometimes. Please don't ever feel you're not good enough for your dreams and desires, never let what the scale says hold you back from those things. I have started to pursue modeling and so far I am loving it! We'll see where it takes me, if it goes nowhere it does not matter to me, the point is.........I tried it! I know one day I will wake up old and grey and think "I'm glad I tried all those things I thought I couldn't do." I also want my children and grandchildren to be able to look up to that and live their lives the same way. 




So with Halloween being right around the corner, do you have a game plan for those yummy little packaged goodies?? I know I'm going to keep them as far away from me as I can, this time of year is always a challenge. It's important to remember your goals and whether or not it's worth it, I know how far I've come and how close to my goal I am, and it's not worth it, but I am human and I've been known to indulge here and there. We're human so if you're going to give in a little bit, make sure you don't overdo it. I've said it before, I don't know what your goals are, or what your motivation is, but you should always have a reason for your healthy lifestyle, main reason health. The second could be you want to wear a Halloween costume you never have, or you have a wedding you want to prepare for, you want to be an example for your children. Whatever the case set a goal and something that will help motivate and inspire you! So friends stay and train strong! Your potential is unlimited, and so many leave their potential untapped. Don't be part of the many! 



Please follow my other links: www.facebook.com/AJilityfitness

                                         www.twitter.com/ajilityfitness

                                                              www.instagram.com/ajilityfitness



No comments:

Post a Comment